Thursday, September 6, 2007

Breaking Ground

With all said and done regarding my first 'blog argument' I think that maybe, just maybe, my point was seen. The below is a continuation from my last Blog entitled "Why you Hatin" that should be read first to fully grasp this blog post:

Steve Says: September 5th, 2007 at 5:58 pm
Interesting comment. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.One question?When was Jesus tolerant of sin? You said “As Christians, we should try to practice what Jesus preached, live like him with his tolerance, his understanding, his forgiveness”.As I recall from what my Bible says, Jesus called sinners “a brood of vipers”. He never was “tolerant” or endorsed sin. He would have seen Islam as a false religion and I assure you, He would not have endorsed it.But again, we agree to disagree on this topic.Good Luck and God Bless!!

Anonymous (me) Says: September 6th, 2007 at 8:30 am
Steve,
Thank you for you comments. I would like to re-iterate that I DO believe that the extreme Islamic groups all over the world are horrendous, they act of the side of evil and break God’s Covenant - in His name (a double whammy).
I also believe that Islam (as a whole) can not and should not be bucketed into one overall judgment, as many Muslims themselves vehemently renounce what these extremist do and feel even more anger than we do about it- because these extreme, ill-willed people are misrepresenting their faith and creating so much hatred towards those within Islam that follow (what they feel) is the true path.
I personally know Muslims that feel hatred every day from people (and I am sorry to say this) like you, who have already judged them without even knowing them. They feel separate and outcaste from society, when they are trying to live good lives, trying to forgive the people that are giving them a bad name, praying to God five times a day (see below on that) The people of true Islam are struggling.
I do not think that Jesus would want good people, to feel outcaste. Do you know that Muslims believe in Jesus, believe he was born of the Virgin Mary and believe he is the Messiah? They believe that He will walk at the end of the world and only those that know Him, will be saved?
Muslims pray 5 times a day- do you know why?
Their prayers are broken up five times throughout the day, to try to prevent one from any wrong doing. The idea is- if they have to pray to God every few hours, they are less likely to commit a sin, God is always at the top of their minds. Isn’t that in some way, beautiful?
I am a defender of Islam, but only to the extent that we shouldn’t judge good people on the acts of those that are clearly doing wrong. It is always the bad that ruin it for the overall good.
Jesus was compassionate, forgiving, and non-judgmental and as you say, he was not tolerant of sin. Judgment and hatred towards fellow-man kind, defamation of one’s character- these are sins that we should all do our best to stay away from.
God Bless you too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home